Friday, September 18, 2009

A Happy Marriage

My book club tackled Rafael Yglesias's A Happy Marriage this month. Generally speaking, I liked the book and thought it was poignant and well written. Truthfully speaking, I was happy when it was over. It was heart-wrenching and the narrator was so hard to like.

In fact, we spent most of our book club meeting this past Sunday in Sheep's Meadow dissecting his character. I loved seeing the different sides of our argument emerge and was pleasantly surprised by the group's dynamics. Girls who I previously considered to be moral stalwarts were permissive pushovers. Other normally mellow girls showed their secret contrarian/devil's advocate side. I also loved watching other park goers' reactions to our fiery gathering.

Can't wait for next month's session!

No comments:

Post a Comment